Friday, August 27, 2010

5 Minutes With: Amy Chance

Welcome to our new blog addition. Every Friday we will feature a short Q&A with some of our makeup artist or hair stylist friends. Our first is celebrity makeup artist Amy Chance. We instantly bonded years ago over our mutual love for beauty, birthdays (she & mai share one, I’m the next day) and our valley girl background. She totally rocks. Some of her clients include Lily Allen, Corinne Bailey Rae, The Ting Tings (pictured) and Rooney Mara, as well as Coldplay and My Chemical Romance.

Last job you worked on? Yesterday I did red carpet looks for Corinne Bailey Rae and Ariana Grande from 'Victorious'. They were attending an event for Dior Beauty benefiting Operation Smile.

Three products in your personal makeup bag right now? MAC Power Eye Pencil in Feline - It's my favorite black liner, but unfortunately it's not a part of MAC's permanent collection. Whenever they become available I buy as many as I can and stockpile them!

Dior Addict Lip Polish - It's a beautiful lip gloss that feels soothing like a lip balm! I'm totally obsessed with the rolling applicator.

Beauty Blenders - I'm totally obsessed with these reusable pink sponges. Not only are they an eco-friendly alternative to disposables, the Beauty Blender's shape and texture helps you achieve a flawless makeup application. They're also really freaking cute!

Beauty trend you’re loving? Blue eyeshadow can be really intimidating, but I'm kind of loving the blue shades that are rolling out for Fall. I also think blush is back in a big way and I love a rosy cheek!

Nail polish you’re wearing? I'm actually wearing OPI Axxium Gel in 'You Don't Know Jacques'. It's the same gorgeous taupe-y grey shade as the lacquer, but since it's gel, it lasts a lot longer.

Beauty icon? Stevie Nicks, Debbie Harry, Jerry Hall, and Brigitte Bardot.

Favorite city? London is my favorite city outside of Los Angeles. I look to London for inspiration, and I go there whenever I get the chance!

Amy is represented by Celestine Agency. Check out her work at: www.amychance.com

No comments: