Monday, January 19, 2009

Beauty Obsession: DERMAdoctor KP Duty Body Scrub

For as far back as I can remember, I have had little bumps on the back of my arms, a common skin condition called Keratosis Pilaris (also referred to as "chicken skin") that has lead me to annoy my dermatologist with endless questions. I was told there was nothing I could do about it but exfoliate and use stinky lactic acid or AHA moisturizers. I’m lazy and hate stinky things so this "solution" was not going to work for me. And then the genius that is DERMAdoctor KP Duty Body Scrub entered my life via Sephora. I was first drawn to this scrub by its silly picture of a chicken on the packaging. (It's true, I am a sucker for packaging.) But low and behold, this medical-quality exfoliater has really made a difference. I use it with KP Duty Moisturizer and my "chicken skin" feels a lot smoother. DERMAdoctor describes the scrub as an at-home version of a chemical peel and microdermabrasion in one. Whatever it is, I'm on my second jar -- and now I'm scrubbing it all over my body. Available at www.sephora.com

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice information about Dermadoctor KP Duty body scrub... I would like to try this!!