Thursday, January 8, 2009

Beauty News: Scott Barnes Beauty is Discontinued

It's always sort of devastating when a brand you love or a product you lust over is discontinued. I'm still reeling from the departure of Stephane Marais' makeup line, and scraping the remains of my concealer from its tube. So use that Body Bling sparingly because Scott Barnes is the latest makeup line to bite the dust. I opened The Beauty Closet the same month Scott Barnes Beauty launched in 2004 and have become very fond of the brand over the years. From the moment I opened my doors, it has been my star performer and I have been fortunate to supply products to fans of the line such as Jessica & Ashlee Simpson, Fergie, Celine Dion, Victoria Beckham and a ton of makeup artists for TV shows and films. I started hearing rumors that the brand was being discontinued months ago but I was clearly in denial. Finally, I spoke with Scott in December and he confirmed the bad news. There is some light at the end of this tunnel, though. Scott has plans to relaunch his eponymous makeup line with new investors. Let's just hope he brings the bling back.

No comments: